Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sticky lemon chicken (Gordon Ramsay's recipe)

Sticky lemon chicken











I got Gordon Ramsay's cookbook as one of our wedding gifts.
This cookbook includes so many of SIMPLE cooking, so I did not really appreciated for what I have until I actually executed some dishes in the book.


Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food






For the fact of how easy this recipe is, 
and how easily you can execute as his recipe pictures show,
this is worth to try!!



Ingredients:

1 lb chicken thigh, about 8-10 (I used skinless/boneless)
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
1 head garlic, each clove sliced in half
1 whole lemon, Sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley (or you can use 2tbs dried parsley instead)
1/4-1/3 cup water
(1 tablespoon thyme, I skipped. I do not like Thyme...)
salt and pepper


Directions:

Season the chicken well with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet pan, add the oil to Med/High Heat.  
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for about 5-6 minutes, brown both sides of each piece.

Add the garlic, soy sauce, and honey to the pan, making sure to get all the chicken in the sauces. 
Shake the pan so soy/honey will be mixed well.

Continue to cook for a 5 minutes.

Splash the water and lay the slices of lemon on top of the chicken in the pan. 

Put a lid on the pan and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes with Low/Med heat (until sauce turns to sticky).

Season the chicken with thyme and parsley. 



I dont have enough lemon, so I used lime to.
Late I solely used lemon, and that taste better.

I tried this recipe three times already!


* If you use chicken with bones, it will take longer to cook.
I don't like diced garlic with it, I prefer haft sliced garlic just for taste.
 Be patient to make a sticky sauce!






Again, Very EASY. 




 


You can do it!!!



by iko

http://gno-iko.blogspot.ca/







No comments:

Post a Comment